Thursday, March 8, 2012
Shrimp and Quinoa Salad
Here's a simple 15-minute dish that we had on Monday night before I headed off to a trade show.
Shrimp, Quinoa, Avocado, and Meyer Lemon Salad
For two people, with a little leftover, you will need the following.
8 large shrimp (1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 poblano pepper, diced
1 cup white quinoa
1/2 avocado, diced
12 grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
juice of one Meyer lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss the shrimp with the garlic, chile powder, cumin, and oregano and let stand at room temperature while you prep the remaining ingredients.
2. Cook the quinoa in boiling water until done, about 10 minutes, and drain well.
3. Put the drained quinoa, avocado, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro in a bowl.
4. Heat a sauté pan over high heat and film with olive oil. Add the shrimp and poblanos and cook until the shrimp are just done.
5. Add the shrimp to the quinoa and add half the lemon juice. Toss well and taste for seasoning. Add more lemon juice as needed.
I haven't had much time or will to update the blog for the past few months. Play time has been on hold: we're in a brand new house w...
On January 1, 2017 as Ann and I were headed to Harper's Ferry WV for our first hike of 2017, Ann told me of something she read about on ...
We had the time of a lifetime moving across the country from Virginia to Oregon. The map below shows our route and some of the places that w...
We're finally settling in to the point where we can start entertaining again. So, Annie invited Valerie and Michael over to dinner. Mich...