Thursday, March 8, 2012
Shrimp and Quinoa Salad
Here's a simple 15-minute dish that we had on Monday night before I headed off to a trade show.
Shrimp, Quinoa, Avocado, and Meyer Lemon Salad
For two people, with a little leftover, you will need the following.
8 large shrimp (1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 poblano pepper, diced
1 cup white quinoa
1/2 avocado, diced
12 grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
juice of one Meyer lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss the shrimp with the garlic, chile powder, cumin, and oregano and let stand at room temperature while you prep the remaining ingredients.
2. Cook the quinoa in boiling water until done, about 10 minutes, and drain well.
3. Put the drained quinoa, avocado, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro in a bowl.
4. Heat a sauté pan over high heat and film with olive oil. Add the shrimp and poblanos and cook until the shrimp are just done.
5. Add the shrimp to the quinoa and add half the lemon juice. Toss well and taste for seasoning. Add more lemon juice as needed.
We've been holed up this winter trying to get ourselves back outdoors, but it has been a struggle with life just seeming to get in the w...
On January 1, 2017 as Ann and I were headed to Harper's Ferry WV for our first hike of 2017, Ann told me of something she read about on ...
We had the time of a lifetime moving across the country from Virginia to Oregon. The map below shows our route and some of the places that w...
It's now the 26th of January and we have put in exactly one hike towards the 52 we wanted to get in this year. Weather and sickness are ...