Saturday, August 27, 2016

Back Yard Wildflowers

Annie got sick as we were heading up the trail to Veach Gap last week and so we had to call it quits before I could get my nature fix, though I saw a lot of interesting Hibiscus along the Shenandoah River. Still, this week I managed to find in my own back yard three flowers that I have yet to find anywhere else this summer. To be fair, we are just getting into their bloom periods though. I also figured out that the iPhone sucks for wildflower photography when compared to my big Nikon, but I don't carry the big Nikon when out walking the dogs.

An Orchid, Nodding Ladies' Tresses, Spiranthes cernua

Common Blue Curls, Trichostema dichotomum

Virgin's Bower, Clematis virginiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Cassoulet

In response to yet another snowy stretch in March, Ann and I were looking for something warm and comforting. One of us suggested a White Chi...