Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Grilled Halibut Tacos

After a week of fairly miserable weather, this week has started off beautifully with a chance to get out and hit the grill. Over coffee Monday morning, Ann suggested fish tacos for dinner. I thought that was splendid idea.

Grilled Halibut Tacos with Curtido and Cilantro
Later in the day, I texted Ann, "slaw or salsa on the tacos?" She decided on slaw and so I made a batch of curtido, the quintessential Salvadoran slaw that always accompanies pupusas. Mine is made from green cabbage, carrot, red onion, salt, oregano, and lime juice. It is crunchy and tangy and the perfect topping for a bit of grilled halibut.

I prefer grilled fish in my tacos, though most restaurants tend to use fried fish. I don't really want batter on the fish if the whole thing is in a tortilla, either corn or wheat. Your mileage and your tacos may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...