Sunday, August 30, 2020

Roasted Garlic-Chipotle Salsa

I've made a lot of salsas in my life, with nary a recipe. Most of my salsas are chunky and tend to follow the basic formula of a fruit (yes, tomatoes are fruits), an onion, cilantro, salt, a source of heat, and lime juice. It's a bit more unusual for me to make a smooth salsa such as this one with roasted garlic and chipotle. It's extremely versatile, as you will see below, and worth keeping in the refrigerator.

Roasted Garlic-Chipotle Salsa
This salsa that I recently made is so easy and so delicious that I decided to record it here. I will forget it otherwise.

1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 chipotle, or to taste (I also added a tablespoon of the adobo for more spice)
1 head of garlic, roasted
salt to taste

Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to your taste. 

Ready for Avocado Tacos

Avocado Tacos
We decided to have vegetarian tacos last week to take advantage of the inexpensive and ripe avocados on the counter. When serving tacos, I like to put out all the ingredients and let each person assemble tacos to his or her (call me a dinosaur: I cannot bear to use "their" as a singular pronoun) liking. For these tacos, I put out all the ingredients that I would use for guacamole (avocado, tomato and cilantro mixed, jalapeños en escabeche) plus roasted garlic-chipotle salsa and cotija cheese.

Scrambled Eggs with Padrón Peppers and Tortilla Strips
And for brunch one day last week, I made us some scrambled eggs with Padrón peppers, avocado, tomato, cilantro, roasted garlic-chipotle salsa, cotija, and fried strips of tortillas left from dinner the night before.

As you can see, this salsa is extraordinarily easy to make, delicious, and versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...