Monday, June 24, 2024

Chicken and Sugar Snap Fried Rice

Fried rice is one of my favorite foods and over the decades, I've made a lot of versions. Just because the dish originated in Asia does not mean that fried rice has to follow an Asian flavor model. I made the following with leftover grilled chicken, sugar snaps, dill, chives, and lemon zest. The fresh herbs I threw in at the last second before plating. Then I zested a lemon on top. It was delicious

Chicken and Sugar Snap Fried Rice
with Dill, Chives, and Lemon Zest
Speaking of grilled chicken, Ann found a marinade that she wanted me to use consisting of onion, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and oil, all blended. After making this marinade, I realized that it is almost identical to the way I make jerk paste for chicken. My jerk paste is made from shallots, green onions, a Scotch bonnet pepper, allspice, fresh thyme, and oil. Aside from the flavoring, the idea of blending onions or shallots is pretty much identical.

Grilled Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valley Wildflowers

With temperatures predicted to hit an unseasonable number in the low 90s, yesterday was a day to either hit the lakes, the river, or the hil...