Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Another Delicious Sandwich

Ann told me on Saturday that we were having roasted red pepper and eggplant sandwiches on Sunday and asked if I could please bring home some local goat cheese for the sandwich.

Tomato, Eggplant, Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwich

Sandwich in the Making
Ann bought a whole wheat loaf that I split and toasted. Then I slabbed a couple small eggplants and put them in the oven to roast under the broiler, meanwhile spreading the toasted loaf with local goat cheese and laying on fresh basil leaves. The next layer was the still warm eggplant and that was topped with roasted red peppers. And here is where we differ. Ann wanted provolone on the sandwich, but I don't deal well with some cow's milk cheese. Provolone isn't generally a problem, but I opted for fresh tomato on my half anyway. This delicious sandwich was both lunch and dinner: we snacked on it over several hours on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...