Thursday, January 1, 2015

Annie Does New Year's Brunch

I bet you spend some time recovering on New Year's Day don't you? I do too, but probably for a different reason. I just spent six hours the night before cooking and plating food as fast as possible, non-stop all night long. So on New Year's Day, I am very prone to do absolutely nothing but sit on a chair. And Annie knows this, six new years in the books since we met. So, very sweetly, she offered to make us brunch for New Year's Day. It's always a wonderful treat when she does cook.

Sparkling, Anyone?
She was all set with sparkling wine in the refrigerator along with the orange juice to make mimosas, but I like this Bailly-Lapierre Crémant de Bourgogne too much to put orange juice in it. We ended up drinking it solo.


Chorizo and Tortilla Casserole
From late morning after we drank our coffee until we ate around 1:30, the smells from the oven were pretty amazing. I didn't have any idea what Ann was cooking for brunch and I was blown away by this chorizo and tortilla breakfast casserole that she pulled out of the oven. It was awesome for days!

Candied Bacon
And this candied bacon was a welcome surprise too. What an awesome wife I have! Recovering from a long hard night at the restaurant has never been so easy or good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...