Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Lunch Date/Fresh Pasta

Yesterday was unusual for a Monday in that my truck was in the shop and Ann kindly ferried me about. Though it was a pain in her ass, it did afford us the opportunity to have lunch together, something that rarely happens. After bringing the weekly haul from Costco back to the restaurant, we decided to have lunch at Thai Winchester while waiting for my truck to get done.

Happy to be on a Date

Lager and Spicy Food, Hard to Beat

Summer Rolls

Cellophane Noodle Salad

Krapow Gai Sub

We really enjoyed sitting outside yesterday: despite the blazing sun, the temperature was moderate for this time of year especially in the shade of an umbrella and the breeze was wonderful. It was 3:00 by the time lunch was done and my truck was not ready, so we headed home. We put on Game of Thrones from Sunday night and had just about finished watching it when I got the call that my truck was ready.

We planned to take a walk after getting my truck, but by the time we got back to the house, it was still too hot, so we decided to push the walk out to about 6:00 to take advantage of the sun's being lower on the horizon. It still wasn't very cool and there were parts of our 4-mile walk that really dragged as we were in full sun. Nonetheless, we made it and back home, headed for cool showers before starting to make dinner.

I had made some fresh pasta at the restaurant on Saturday for my tasting menu and was teasing Ann by sending her pictures. She told me in so many words that if I knew what was good for me, I would bring some home. And so I brought a ball of dough and the pasta machine home. Annie got a lesson in rolling and cutting fresh pasta. I figured that being a card-carrying Italian that she would have been well versed in pasta, but apparently not. No excuses now!

Rolling Pasta, Batches of Noodles Tossed in Semolina

Cutting Noodles
I'm not the world's biggest fan of fresh pasta, being a box pasta kind of guy, but this fresh pasta that I made with local duck eggs was outstanding! That I haven't had pasta in months didn't hurt, I'm sure.

Freshly Cut Tagliatelle for Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...