Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Moulard Duck with Blackberries

Moulard Duck with Blackberries
I'm still getting used to this whole cooking at home thing. Monday night, I still had a couple Moulard duck breasts left from closing the restaurant and Ann asked for them in some Asian style. Looking about the fridge, there wasn't a lot in terms of garnishes, but I did find a few blackberries from the farmers market, some celery, carrots, and an orange sweet pepper.

The duck breast is scored, seared, and roasted until rare/medium rare, then rested, sliced, and fanned on the plate. For one garnish, I made a quick salad of julienned carrots, peppers, and celery which was tossed at the very last second in a dressing of soy, black vinegar, agave, sambal oelek, and sesame oil. For the blackberry garnish, I did a quick gastrique by caramelizing minced shallot in sesame oil then adding blackberries, black vinegar, and agave and seasoning to taste.

Really simple and 15 minutes start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Cassoulet

In response to yet another snowy stretch in March, Ann and I were looking for something warm and comforting. One of us suggested a White Chi...