Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BLT


I was shocked to learn that my girl was a BLT virgin. Granted, she was born in Manhattan and is a Yankee through and through, but she's lived in Virginia since she was a teenager. I have had to wait all summer to get a beefsteak tomato of sufficient girth to make the proper sandwich with which to indoctrinate Ann into the club that the entire civilized world except her belongs to.

That tomato came along Saturday and you see the result. Like all other simple foods, the BLT depends entirely on the ingredients: a tomato large enough to cover the entire sandwich, the best thick-sliced bacon, beautiful oak leaf lettuce, and Duke's mayonnaise.

For more of my waxing poetic about this sandwich, http://chestermagazine.com/the-tomato-sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oregon Badlands: Reynolds Pond

It's been about three weeks since the ice melted on the Deschutes River Trail and I've been taking advantage of that to walk through...