Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Some days I hate my camera or rather the person that does not know how to use that camera. Uh, that would be me. I have it all set up in macro mode without flash with a fairly tight depth of field for the vast bulk of my shots: tight food photos. That does not serve me well when shooting candids; many times shots end up way out of focus. And this is one of those times.

Monday night we celebrated Lillie's 18th birthday and her going off to UVa as a first year student this week. And I don't have any good pictures of her or sister Ellie to remember the event by. Sure, I have a bunch of fuzzy, crappy photos, but nothing worth looking at again.

Ann Always Sets a Beautiful Table
When I asked Lillie what she wanted for her going away dinner, she replied "spaghetti," which to her means marinara over spaghetti. I like a little meat in my sauce, actually, I prefer a long-cooked bolognese, but I know that wouldn't go over with my daughters. So, I made meatballs instead from ground pork and then baked them in a quick blender marinara of tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Ed and Ann get meatballs with their pasta and Ellie and Lillie get straight marinara and everyone is happy.




Ann's Infamous Garlic Bread

"Spaghetti"
Actually, spaghetti is one of my least favorite cuts, so I accidentally cooked linguine "by mistake." Where are the meatballs? In my Recycle Bin; photos too crappy to publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Cassoulet

In response to yet another snowy stretch in March, Ann and I were looking for something warm and comforting. One of us suggested a White Chi...