Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Eggplant Parmesan Pizza

I was working at my desk on Monday trying to finish up some accounting from last week when I got an email from Ann, a email full of exclamation points. Which if you know Ann is not all that unusual, but even to my stupid eyes, was a sign of extreme interest in whatever link it was that she had forwarded to me. That and the "Can we have THIS for dinner, please?" line were enough to convince me to open the link.

The link opened to a Martha Stewart recipe for eggplant parmesan on French bread. Seriously? NO. NO. NO. We cannot have this for dinner. Especially since it carries the Martha Stewart imprimatur. But the idea was good, so I suggested that we do an eggplant parmesan pizza instead. We already had a batch of pizza dough in the fridge and I just so happened to have a nice eggplant in the cooler. And Ann had volunteered Carter to pull the mozzarella.

Pizza Dough Rising

Sauce: Tomatoes, Slivered Garlic, Basil

Carter, Breaking Mozzarella Curd

Carter Pulling Mozzarella

The Finished Mozzarella

Seasoning the Eggplant for the Grill

Grilling Eggplant

Pizza Dough, Ready for the Grill

Grilling the Dough

Does it Get More Delicious??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...