Monday, March 24, 2014

Chorizo, Pineapple, and Chipotle Tacos

Chorizo, Pineapple, and Chipotle Tacos
Today, I planned to be at work most of the day mostly babysitting a contractor but also getting my usual Monday deskwork done. I had no plans to be at home by noon and no plans to eat lunch with my lovely wife, but the moon and the stars aligned: I arrived at 7:30 and powered through my paperwork and glory of glories, the contractor arrived at 8:05 and was out before 10am!

My errands all complete, I stopped into FoodMaxx on the way home. I wanted to make something light and full of flavor and had pretty much decided on crab tacos when I realized that I failed to grab crab from work. No worries. I grabbed a tray of Salvadoran chorizos along with a pineapple, some green onions, cilantro, and a can of chipotle adobo.

At home, I cooked the sausage and mixed it with the other raw ingredients, tossed with the adobo and salt. Ten minutes of work yielded these most awesome of tacos! Because I used a slightly green pineapple (can you really find a ripe pineapple in the US?), I didn't need any lime juice to cut the richness of the sausage.

These are so good that I am salivating as I type! We're probably going to do these at the restaurant for our street food extravaganza during Rally in the Alley in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...