Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bucatini

The photo below doesn't do last night's dinner justice. You have to imagine bucatini wallowing in melted goat cheese comingled with chorizo oil and pretend to smell the heavenly scents of roasted red peppers and fennel confit coming off of it. Sorry you weren't there. This is a spectacular bowl of pasta.

Bucatini with Chorizo, Roasted Red Peppers, Fennel, and Goat Cheese

Monday, all afternoon I had planned to do a shrimp, pineapple, and chorizo filling for tacos for dinner. But as we got to dinner and after having watched a couple episodes of The Sopranos in which everyone was eating pasta, Ann begged for me to make some bucatini. I'm trying to be good and limit the amount of pasta that I eat until I can shed a bunch of this winter blubber, but I let her sway me to the dark side. I combined the chorizo that I brought home for tacos with last night's leftover pizza toppings (fennel confit, marinated roasted red peppers) and some fresh local goat cheese. This was an incredibly good pasta!

I'm not a big fan of thin, long pasta cuts (spaghetti, fettucine, linguine, etc.), liking a cut with more body to it. For long pasta, bucatini or perciatelli as it is called by some, is my cut. I have been whining here on the blog about the dearth of decent pasta in the local groceries, so I bought a case of bucatini for the house. Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Cassoulet

In response to yet another snowy stretch in March, Ann and I were looking for something warm and comforting. One of us suggested a White Chi...