Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Naan Pizza

Early Monday morning as I was getting ready to leave work to head out on my usual restaurant-related errands, I got an emphatic text from Ann to the effect of "let's have veggie naan pizzas for dinner (and I don't want to hear any arguments from you)". Well, OK, then. Let's have naan pizzas.

Fortunately, Costco has OK naan in stock, so I grabbed them and a ball of fresh mozzarella. At the market, I got a bulb of fennel and a couple of red peppers. Back home, I sliced the fennel, peppers, a mound of garlic, and two huge onions and put them on a low flame for about three hours. The veggie pizza topping was nice and soft and caramelized by dinner time.

Naan, Caramelized Onion/Fennel/Peppers, Fresh Mozzarella
Carter seems to be squeamish these days about certain vegetables including peppers and fennel, but I notice that if I bury them on a pizza, he eats them. Maybe not enthusiastically, but he does eat them. Besides being a great way to get some vegetables into your teenager, naan pizzas are quick and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...