Thursday, April 14, 2016

Black Bean Burgers

Black Bean Burgers and Salsa
I could eat these black bean burgers every day. Monday, I cooked black beans with garlic, cumin, onion, chipotle salsa, poblanos, cilantro stems, oregano, and the merest hint of cinnamon. And we ate black beans topped with salsa. When we had taken our beans out for Monday's dinner, I added a few tablespoons of masa harina to the beans and cooked them for another minute, until they seized up. Then they went in the fridge to get good and cold. I pattied them out last night, covered the faces in panko, fried them, and served them with a batch of impromptu salsa.

This salsa was grape tomatoes, white onion, green onion, poblano, cilantro, sambal oelek, salt, and because I didn't have any limes, sherry vinegar. Sherry vinegar is a nice and different touch. And the masa is a great touch. It adds a nice sweetness to the spicy beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Chef, New Trick

The last time I ate at Taco Bell would have been when my daughters were tiny young things. My eldest, Lillie, loved their bean burritos and ...