Thursday, April 14, 2016

Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes, Basil, and Shrimp

Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes, Basil, and Shrimp
Ann asked me on Tuesday if I had some fish that I could bring home and would I turn some zucchini noodles to put it on. I didn't have any spare fish but we did have some shrimp in the freezer at home. I've given up on preaching to Ann about eating zucchini and other things out of season; I'm just glad that she's actually getting some vegetables of her own volition. Picking my battles.

I had some leftover microbasil from last week that I could contribute to dinner and brought home some pine nuts, pesto clearly on my mind.

Pine Nuts, Zucchini Noodles, Lots of Garlic
Really simple preparation: slice some tomatoes and add them to a bowl with the basil; cook the garlic in extra virgin olive oil until it's fragrant, add the shrimp and pine nuts and cook through, season, and add to the bowl. Blanch the noodles until tender in boiling salted water, 2 minutes or so. Deglaze the shrimp pan with 1/4 cup of pasta water and add to the bowl. Toss all well. Serve with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Chef, New Trick

The last time I ate at Taco Bell would have been when my daughters were tiny young things. My eldest, Lillie, loved their bean burritos and ...