Saturday, September 26, 2020

Fully Loaded Eggs

Every now and again, I like to serve a nice brunch without working too hard at it. As I get older and more accustomed to retirement, I find myself more often than not eating only two meals a day, brunch and dinner. Along with retirement goes the sentiment of not wanting to slave over a meal quite as often as in the past, so I'm always thinking of ways to put great food on the table with little effort.

Fully Loaded Eggs
A case in point are these fully-loaded eggs that we had for brunch, plain-Jane scrambled eggs in a bowl, topped like tacos.

Taco Toppings
Just before scrambling the eggs, I pulled a container of roasted garlic-chipotle salsa, some cotija cheese, and some jalapeños en escabeche out of the fridge. Then I sliced an avocado and diced up a tomato with a bit of cilantro. Alternatively, these eggs would have made great breakfast tacos.

This was a really tasty brunch that took under ten minutes to assemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...