Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mimosa Girl!
After a late night at the restaurant on Saturday night, Mother's Day started way too early for me. I had to get up at oh-dark-thirty to deliver a catering job. While I was out, I stopped in the bagel shop for some warm bagels. Running on fumes, I came home and toasted bagels, scrambled duck eggs, and sliced strawberries for breakfast. A couple of mimosas later, I went back to bed and slept until the last second before we had to leave for McLean and dinner with Bob and Mary, Ann's parents. Happy Mother's Day, Ann! It was the best I could do under the circumstances.

Ann wanted to make dinner for her mother, so she had gathered everything she would need for pasta, salad, and appetizers. She even made a beautiful lemon cake with strawberries and strawberry filling. All I had to do was go along for the ride, which in my zombie state was about all I was fit to do.

Carter, hamming it up
Bob, out by the pool
Mary
Old Gouda and Olive Oil
Linden Claret '09, a great pasta wine
Spectacular baby lettuces from Beth
Strozzapreti with my meat sauce
Ann's beautiful cake




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...