Monday, May 7, 2012

Seís de Mayo: Margarita Cupcakes

This is the fourth and final post about our Seís de Mayo party and for some people, probably the best post, because it's about dessert: margarita cupcakes. Me, I don't care a thing in the world for dessert, so aside from the restaurant where I have to make them, I don't usually ever do it at home. This is all Ann's gig.

These lime cupcakes were delicious and literally melted in my mouth: Ann accidentally doubled the butter in the recipe, but they still turned out even though they were super delicate. Ann is new to the pastry bag and I think she made some progress in getting the icing where she wanted it. I take using a pastry bag for granted because I do it every day. I guess I don't remember it being a difficult skill to master, but apparently it is not as simple as it would seem.

Margarita Cupcakes: Margarita Buttercream, Lime, and Lime Zest

There's Lime Juice, Tequila, and Lime Zest in the Batter
This is How We Measure!
Brushing with Tequila Simple Syrup
Italian Meringue in Progress. Love the Motion!
Why do They Call it Buttercream?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...