Friday, March 15, 2013

Kids and Quesadillas

This week is Spring Break at UVa and my daughter Lillie is in town, so she and sister Ellie came over to join Ann, Carter, and me for an early lunch on Sunday. As a chef, it saddens me to say that both my daughters are picky eaters and it is terribly challenging to find anything that they will eat, so when they come over, we keep it really simple.

I decided to do quesadillas this time and let everyone fill a quesadilla that I would then cook. With this crew, it's just simpler to set everything up and let them go at it. That way, I don't have to remember that Lillie won't eat onions, neither girl will eat cilantro, Carter only wants a little cilantro, and Ellie pretty much won't touch chorizo. Sigh. Ed and Ann, of course, want it all.

Lillie Strikes a Pose

Cheese, Chorizo, Green Onions, Cilantro, Sriracha

Cheese and Chorizo for Lillie

All the Way and Extra Crispy for Ed

The "Face" on Ann's Garlic Bread


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oregon Badlands: Reynolds Pond

It's been about three weeks since the ice melted on the Deschutes River Trail and I've been taking advantage of that to walk through...