Sunday, May 26, 2013

Annie Cooks Sunday Dinner

Some time around Thursday of last week, Ann announced, "I'm cooking dinner on Sunday." Well all right then! She cooks a lot during the week, but Sunday's generally my thing. When I'm home, I like to cook for her, but I wasn't arguing. No problem sitting back and relaxing for once.

And I knew I would be really tired. We had a huge dump truck load of mulch delivered on Saturday morning and I schlepped it from 7am to 2:30pm at which point, I took both a shower and a nap. Of course, Ann did her fair share, but I was at it 2 or 3 hours before she was, so I was beat.

After we picked up Carter at 6pm and got back to the house at nearly 6:30, Ann started prepping dinner, first the red potatoes, then the chicken, and then the asparagus.

Beautiful Red Potatoes

Prepping Potatoes

Can't Cook Without Wine at our House

Snackies: First of the Year!

Stuffing the Bird with Lemon and Rosemary

Browning Before Roasting

Prepping Asparagus
Once the chicken and potatoes were in the oven, Ann prepped the asparagus and got them ready for the oven (to cook while the chicken was resting) and then we took our bottle of Pinot Noir out back while the chicken roasted. Along about dusk each evening, the rabbits come out of the bushes to feed in the yard, but probably more to drive the dogs nuts. If they get in my garden, there are going to be some roasted rabbit photos on this blog!

Watch Out Mr. Bunny, You're Next!

Gorgeous!


Meal Fit for a King!
This is about as simple and as great a meal as I know. Everything is tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted. And bonus! Ann put the chicken on a bed of garlic cloves and poured over the juices from deglazing the browning pan with a little white wine, yielding tender roasted garlic cloves when the chicken was done. Great meal honey!

A Well Deserved Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Cassoulet

In response to yet another snowy stretch in March, Ann and I were looking for something warm and comforting. One of us suggested a White Chi...