Friday, August 5, 2022

Oregon Coast: Photos of Yachats

The two days that Ann and I spent in Yachats in late July was the first time that either of us had been this far south on the Oregon Coast. When we lived in McMinnville, just southwest of Portland, we visited the northern coast frequently, covering it entirely between Astoria and Seal Rock. I had always heard that Yachats is a charming town and had wanted to visit for a while. Now that we have had the opportunity, I can say that I really was charmed and not at all disappointed (except for the crappy food we had).

We spent the bulk of our time either at Yachats State Park, a mere quarter-mile from our room, or at Cape Perpetua, so we did not spend a lot of time in the town proper. What we did see was charming and has certainly whetted our appetite to visit again next summer. In the little walking around Yachats that I did, I captured some photos of the town that don't really fit in the other posts. I was struck by the brightly colored vacation rental cottages and the beautiful flowers all over town.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...