Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yellowtail Snapper, Watermelon and Corn Seviche

Seviche with Cancha
Sunday night after dinner, I saw that there were a watermelon and a few ears of corn left in the refrigerator. And Ann had been asking me all day to make some sashimi soon. So Monday, I decided to kill the proverbial two birds by combining all these into a delectable seviche. A better hot weather dinner I cannot imagine. Ann opened a bottle of Amalie Robert Pinot Meunier while I set about breaking down the fish and doing the veg prep. The plan was to let it sit for about an hour before eating it, but it never made it that far. This may have been the best seviche I have ever eaten in my life. We topped it with cancha in the Peruvian style.

Cranberry-Colored Amalie Robert Pinot Meunier



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...