Monday, October 29, 2012

Cheese Steak

Cheese Steak Awesomeness
Ann has had a bee in her bonnet all week about having cheese steaks, so last night, I made cheese steaks. These are not crappy knock-off steaks, but they are the real deal made from the absolute best ingredients and they tasted like it: absolutely the best cheese steak I have ever had anywhere. Philly, my cheese steak will rock your world!

I'm a wit kinda guy and a provolone kinda guy. You want peppers and Cheese Whiz on yours, knock yourself out, but just don't expect me to help you with it.

I caramelized thinly sliced yellow onions in butter and then I added very thinly sliced (with a knife, thank you) skirt steak and just tossed it until it was mostly brown. Toasted rolls, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and provolone seal the deal. The thing I have that they don't have in Philly: Martin's Angus beef from The Plains, VA. Their skirt steak is more tender and more marbled than most USDA prime rib-eye. The flavor is outrageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...