Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup

Monday, I just wasn't feeling up to par, very run down with a queasy stomach. Not my best of days. Ann wanted to go out for sushi, but I just couldn't face going out. I needed what I always need when I am feeling low: soup, nice chicken noodle soup. And I craved lots of ginger for my ailing stomach.

And so while I was out running errands, I picked up a pre-cooked chicken, a head of nappa cabbage, and a pound of fresh rice noodles (bánh phở). Once home, I put the chicken into a pot of water with about a pound of sliced ginger and let that steep on low flame for about 30 minutes. After removing and picking the chicken and removing all the ginger, I brought the stock to a rolling boil and put the noodles, cabbage, and chicken back in and turned off the flame. A good bit of salt for seasoning and I tucked in to a delicious bowl of noodles. Ann put a brave but disappointed face on it. She wanted to go out and eat sushi and was not thrilled by soup for date night. Sorry honey and thanks for being a good sport.


Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup with Nappa Cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oregon Badlands: Reynolds Pond

It's been about three weeks since the ice melted on the Deschutes River Trail and I've been taking advantage of that to walk through...