Thursday, December 25, 2014

Risotto Cakes

I admit it. I put no forethought into what we would eat over Christmas break except to bring home some caviar and sparkling wine for our Christmas Day celebration. So, we get to Christmas Day dinner with nothing planned, not much in the refrigerator, and no stores open. Failure to plan: I will own it.

I'm pretty good at scrounging in the refrigerator and pantry and coming up with dinner like I did the night before when I concocted risotto from nearly nothing. That dinner yielded plenty of leftover risotto for the refrigerator and so risotto cakes were a no-brainer. To top things off, I found a few mangy snow peas that had been in the produce bin in the fridge for nearly way too long. And hey presto! Dinner.

Saffron Risotto Cakes with Snow Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamb Chops and Gigantes Plaki

Spring is starting to arrive in fits and starts here in Bend although one day will be warm and sunny and the next brisk and cool. There'...